Monday 21 June 2021

Water Awareness


 On the 8th of June it was the first day of swimming and we were all so excited to be going on a bus to the CLM pools in Morrin Rd. We only went for ten days, but that was enough because we got really tired after all that swimming. 

We had to leave our swimming stuff at school so we could change quickly when we got back after our lessons. The best part of the lessons was when we jumped into the pool at the end to see who could make the biggest splash.

 What I learned at water awareness was how to save myself if I fell into deep water. We did one exercise like when we fell out of a boat our shouting for ''help'' while were floating. And also we learned how to use the boards and kick our legs fast under the water. 

The next day which was Thursday was a fun day because they let us go on the boat and jump over on our backs. The next thing we did was we lie on our backs and shout for help so that a helicopter could see us and rescue us. I learned a lot and I am not so nervous anymore.



1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed reading your story about our Water Awareness swimming lessons. The teachers loved watching the children learn new skills every day. I'm glad that you are more confident in the water, Fe'ao. Well done.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.